WE ARE LUTHERANS.
Lutherans for Life of Missouri is first and foremost a Lutheran ministry, reaching out in support of life using our shared Christian faith. The website of Lutherans for Life on the national level lists the 5 core values of our ministry as :
- God's word informs and God's spirit empowers our work and witness (2 Timothy 3:16,17 ; 2 Corinthians 5:14)
- Faithfulness to biblical truth and integrity of witness are more valuable than political expediency (1 Corinthians 4:1-5)
- The mind of Christ determines our response to life issues; prayerfully with humility, compassion, and selflessness, speaking the truth in love. (2 Corinthians 1:4 ; Philippians 2:1-8 ; 2 Timothy 2:24-26)
- Education remains our focus, trusting the Holy Spirit to change hearts and minds. (2 Timothy 2:24-26)
- We uphold the sanctity of human life because all people are created and redeemed by God who intends they bear his image for time and for eternity. (John 10:10)
WE ARE FOR LIFE.
Lutherans for Life exists to educate and witness to the Church and society on issues related to God's gift of life. We believe that the greatest issue of our times is disregard for God's gift of life and the truths presented about it in His Word the Bible. This crisis is visible through legal abortion, the spread of euthanasia, and other forms of disrespect for human life. Lutherans for Life also hopes to help educate on other related issues such as chastity, post-abortive healing, and family living.